We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and our recruitment and selection processes are particularly rigorous in relation to child protection. You should be aware that aspects of the assessment process and interview will explore your motivation and suitability to work with children.
All successful applicants will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) which was formally known as Criminal Records Bureau. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Foundation Unit Teaching Assistant
Start: September 18
Hours: 36 hrs/wk (8.30am – 4pm, except Tuesday 8.30am – 5pm)
Term time only, plus 5 INSET days
Starting salary: Gr15, Pt9 £13,661 pa
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in our Foundation Stage Unit with children from two years six months to five years of age.
The successful candidate will:
· be committed to helping all children achieve their very best.
· be highly skilled, adaptable and flexible and an excellent team player.
· have a good working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum.
· have excellent Maths, English and communication skills
· have the ability to use their initiative
In return we can offer:
· Hardworking enthusiastic and fun loving children who are eager to learn.
· A lively welcoming and committed staff team.
· Opportunities to develop your practise and talents.
· Supportive Governors.
· A spacious and well-resourced environment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - our children and staff would be delighted to meet you before the formal interview process. For an informal discussion on the above post, please contact Mrs Furniss, Foundation Lead, by telephone 01823 284912
Closing Date: Friday 29th June 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd July 2018
Unfortunately, due to the considerable number of enquiries for vacancies, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of your written application unless you specifically request this by enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. If you have not heard from us within 3-4 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.