Welcome to our school
Part of The Richard Huish Trust, we are a school with a commitment to delivering exceptional education and place your children at the heart of everything we do. We strive for excellence in all we do because we simply wish all children to receive the best possible provision we can deliver.
- We want children in our care to be inspired, curious, eager to find out more and to develop a true love of learning.
- We nurture every aspect of personal, social, emotional and academic development.
- We are a multi-cultural school and celebrate diversity.
- Every child is unique and as such, we offer a rich variety of opportunities and experiences in order to find the things that excite every child.
Our curriculum is specifically tailored to meet the needs of all. It changes and adapts according to where the children are in their learning and what their needs are. We support our children to make a positive contribution to their community and to become respectful and responsible. As children grow and develop in our care, we help them to be confident, enthusiastic and motivated learners who feel well prepared to take their next steps, both within our school and beyond.
- Our forest school is a wonderful aspect which provides excellent outdoor learning.
- The school’s grounds are spacious, with many playgrounds and a sports field.
- We take part in a wide range of sporting fixtures and have achieved recent successes in boys’ football, girls’ football and our cross country team!
- Every child receives a music lesson every week and there are opportunities to learn instruments.
- Art is another real strength in our school and we recently came second in a national competition making sculptures out of plastic bottle tops!
- KS2 has weekly French lessons and we are aiming to link each class to another class from a Francophone country.
The PTFA is a thriving group of parents who support the school by organising events to raise much needed funds, so we can continue developing every aspect of Lyngford Park Primary and Nursery. We have a supportive and complete governing body, who are regular visitors to our school and have a drive to ensure we are striving for excellence.
Nick Arnold, Head Teacher
A_Z for parents for Sept 2023
Around 1,000 primary school pupils across in Taunton took part in a Vocabulary Day. Children and staff from four Richard Huish Academy Trust primary schools: Lyngford Park, North...