Starting school is a big step in your child's life. Whether your child is transferring from another school or starting school for the first time, we understand that it can be both exciting and unsettling. We will support both you and your child to make their school life at Lyngford Park a happy and enjoyable time.
We would encourage you to come and visit our School, have a tour and meet our Staff who will be happy to answer your questions, help and advise you.
Admission of Pupils
The School has an admission number of 39 in each year group, however some year groups have more than this number of children. In accordance with County guidelines the following admission criteria apply in order of priority:-
1. Looked after children (currently in the care of the Local Authority)
2. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs whose school placement has been identified by a multi-agency professional team.
3. Children living in the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
4. Children living in the catchment area.
5. Children living outside the catchment area, with an older sibling, at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
6. Children living outside the catchment area but nearest to the school.
Admissions to the Foundation Stage Unit
Children from 2 years 6 months to 4 years (F1) - Parents should contact the School directly to find out if there is a place available. Application forms can be obtained from the School Office.
Children who will be 5 years old during the next academic year (F2) - The Local Authority issue application forms in September the year before for parents to select their preferred school for their child. Places are then allocated and parents informed in February. There is then a period for parents to appeal against decisions made, should they not be offered a place at our School.
Admissions to other Year Groups
Parents should contact the School directly to find out if there is a place available. Application forms can be obtained from the School Office or alternatively you can download the form below: