At Lyngford Park, we are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all our pupils, staff and visitors. We recognise that the public sector equality duty has three aims:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all members of the school community (staff, pupils, governors, parents and visitors).
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Lyngford Park stands against all forms of discrimination on the grounds of ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
- Promote equality and diversity through teaching and building positive relationships with members of the school and wider community, including different ethnic groups and religious beliefs.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between all groups of students; especially disadvantaged students, students with educational special needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.
- Monitoring and promotion of the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities.
Please click here for our Equality Policy